Anti-static agent for conductive PVC plastisol compounds with good mechanical performance and possibility for coloring
TUBALL™ graphene nanotubes (single wall carbon nanotubes) in the form of TUBALL™ MATRIX 814 concentrate is an industry-friendly form of anti-static additive for PVC plastisol formulations. In contrast to ammonium salts and carbon black, graphene nanotubes enable a full set of properties: stable and permanent conductivity with preserved original colors and mechanical performance.
Graphene nanotubes vs carbon black & ammonium salts
Graphene nanotubes unique morphology allows them to create a dense conductive network inside thermoplastic compounds at ultra-low loading rates – starting from just 0.01 wt.% in the total compound. That unprecedentedly low concentration has minimal impact on the original color of compound.
The nanotube network inside the material serves as a reinforcing skeleton and contributes to abrasion resistance.
Maintained abrasion resistance index
OCSiAl internal PVC plastisol formulation. ASTM D5963-04
TUBALL™ MATRIX 814 antistatic additive for PVC plastisol demonstrates the following benefits:
- Stable and permanent conductivity
- Preserved original color of compound
- Retained or even improved mechanical performance
- Versatile application technologies
- Clean production without the dust usually associated with carbon black
- Flexibility in compound formulation thanks to low dosage of nanotubes
- User-friendly form of concentrate with no additional equipment requir
PVS plastisols enhanced with TUBALL™ graphene nanotubes have found wide application in the mining, oil & gas, textile, and other industries.
Contact us to discuss your project specifications or to request a TUBALL™ MATRIX sample